When quality, performance, and safety matter, EarthX is the most trusted and used brand by experimental aircraft manufacturers and experimental aircraft owners, and endorsed by engine companies such as Rotax, Continental, ULS Power and Viking. Remove weight and increase power, all with one product!
These ETX Hundred series (ETX680C, ETX680, ETX900 and the ETX1200) batteries are recommended for your primary engine aircraft battery. These models are equipped with redundant electronic circuits on the BMS board and have an LED battery fault light indicator to alert you to cell health and state of charge. The battery management features include over discharge protection, over charge protection, short circuit protection up 1000 amps, excessive cranking protection (temperature sensing) in addition to integrated cell balancing technology.
With an EarthX lithium battery, you will gain a significant amount of cranking amps and drop a minimum of 11+ pounds instantly by switching from a lead acid battery.
- The ETX Hundred series is fully protected by an integrated Battery Management System that protects the cell’s from over discharge, over charge, short circuit, thermal protection and built in cell balancing to ensure charge levels are equal (balanced) 100% of the time for optimal performance and life.
- The most trusted and used lithium battery on the market. Multiple experimental aircraft manufacturers and experimental engine manufacturers such as Rotax Engines, Continental Motors, UL Power Engines and Viking Engines approve the EarthX brand.
- LiFePO4 chemistry, the most abuse tolerant of all lithium battery chemistries.
- Higher voltage while cranking mean faster starts.
- Extremely light weight, 70-80% lighter than your lead acid battery.
- 4,000 charge cycle life versus 350 charge cycle life of a lead acid battery. Can last up to 8 years.
- Environmentally friendly, no hazardous lead or acid, will not corrode or sulphate.
- Wider operational temperature range than a lead acid battery. (-22° F to 140° F, -30 ° C to 60° C) . A lead acid’s operational range is(-40° F to 113° F or -40° C to 45° C).
- Vibration tested to DD-311 FAA standard.
- Low self discharge rate and fast charging.